Monday, January 30, 2012

Packaging Re-Design / Design 2

We were given the task to  document a "take-out" experience at a fast food restaurant of our choice.
The focus of this assignment is on solving packaging issues while taking into consideration the impact that these packages (use, waste of materials, producing, etc.) have on our environment.

I chose to go to Chick-fil-A. Below is a story board depicting my take-out experience there. I received two bags for one meal. One for my sandwich (which was packaged in a plastic container--not good), and one for my fries (an open paper container). My drink was in a Styrofoam cup (also not good). By the time I got home my fries were cold.

I designed a box that would hold both a sandwich and fries (the sandwich would be wrapped in paper, thus aiding i the separation of the two food items). This took care of the use of two bags vs. one bag. The box has a lid. This took care of keeping the fries warm. I am also considering designing a carrying bag that could be opened and used as a place mat.

We are also designing new graphics for the packaging. The task is to only use elements of  the existing type and graphics.


STORY BOARD

GRAPHICS IDEAS

GRAPHICS IDEAS

GRAPHIC IDEAS

BOX AND GRAPHICS LAYOUT IDEA

No comments:

Post a Comment