Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I (Heart) Design / Visc 204



FRINGE INTRO
Andrew Kramer


 

This design captures my attention every time I see it. Each time I view it, I notice something new. It is both visually appealing and  stimulating.




__________________________________________________________________





Something as complex as a logo is put into a basic elementary context. It reminds me that something simple can carry many meanings.


__________________________________________________________________


What attracts me to these particular posters are the use of color to convey a mood, use of negative space, and the linear aspects of all three. Again, simplicity can speak volumes.




__________________________________________________________________



The use of positive and negative type, the beautiful lady, the use of only 3 colors, all add up to a well designed cover.



This is an example of probably one of the first things that moved me as a designer. Yes, it is just a boring, and somewhat antiquated, message pad. However, I have always been drawn to forms, especially office forms. You now know my deep ,dark, dork secret. I like the sense of order and structure that forms give you.






You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking.
---- Wizard of Oz
 







No comments:

Post a Comment